Tuesday, March 7, 2017

#8- Schindler's List


Here's the thing....


Anyone who listens to our Under the Floorboards podcast knows that I'm an emotional guy, but this film dropped me into a deep, dark well of sadness and despair. Thankfully, Schindler pulled me out.


There's no way I'm going to complete this review with my typical glib, self-deprecating attempt at humor. Instead, I'll present the facts about the tragedies of the Holocaust:


  • Over 6,000,000 million Jewish people were slaughtered
  • Fewer than 4,000 Jewish people remained in Poland after the Nazi's were defeated
  • Schindler saved over 1100 Jewish people, and today there are more than 6,000 descendants of "Schindler's Jews"


Very few individuals were willing or able to stand against the Nazi's. Schindler did.


Now enjoy this video of a Nazi douche-bag getting punched in the face, set to the classic punk tune, Nazi Punks Fuck Off...


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVTbXRhDlcw


....and this epic scene of a Nazi getting beaten to death with a baseball bat, by Brad Pitt's crew in the outstanding flick Inglorious Bastards...


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isVwqPyxLM8


My rating system, as always, is based on Pippi Longstocking. Pippi, adorable oddball that she is, would never want a standard 1-10 rating system. In light of this, I have opted for a system as follows:


1 Gold Pippi Coin= Pure crap

1 Sack of Gold Pippi Coins= Pretty Good

1 Treasure Chest of Gold Pippi Coins= Fantastic

1 Cave of Pippi Coins= Holy shit, this is one of the best movies I’ve ever seen!

In the end, I gave this flick a rating of a cave full of Pippi coins- my highest. I cried. A lot.

Thanks for tuning in for another edition of Deans Black, White & Read Nights! I hope you've enjoyed this little romp through a great movie with me! Check out my previous installments and be on the lookout for my review of the cult classic Goonies, coming soon.

If you'd like to leave me feedback or ask a question, shoot me an email at LukesJamHands@gmail.com. I love to hear from you guys!


If you love the Gilmore girls, check out my Under the Floorboards podcast with my pal Elizabeth Allen. We review each episode scene-by-scene, following our tangents where they lead, while making fun of lots of people in the process. Just like life in Stars Hollow! Plus, we give you all the latest updates on everything Gilmore!


Also, if you are a fan of  Avatar: The Last Airbender , the animated series, give a listen to me and my son's podcast, TeamBoomeraangKickACast.BlogSpot.com .

Thanks again!




No comments:

Post a Comment